Either way, it's a good recipe to have on hand. The recipe itself was found here. I love this particular recipe and I hope anyone else who tries it likes it too. The cakes are really heavy and fills you up quickly. I made these as silver-dollar sized and it only took 3 to fill me up.
4 large eggs
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup oat flour
1 tablespoon melted butter or vegetable oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch grated nutmeg
1 packet Equal sugar substitute (optional)
2 tablespoons powdered egg whites (Just Whites)
1 teaspoon butter (for the griddle)
3 servings Change size or US/metric | 30 minutes 10 mins prep
1. Set the griddle or a large skillet over high heat.
2. Put all the pancake ingredients, except for the butter for the griddle in a blender or food processor and blend well.
3. When the griddle is hot enough so that a drop of water jumps, grease the surface with the butter.
4. Drop the batter by spoonfuls, large or small onto the griddle.
5. Turn the pancakes when the edges lose their shine and the bubbles begin to appear.
6. Cook briefly on the other side and serve immediately.
7. Butter and Vermont Sugar-Free syrup are great accompaniments.
Calculated for 1 serving
Recipe makes 3
Nutrition Facts for the following ingredients or sizes are unknown:
1/3 cup oat flour
2 tablespoons powdered egg whites
They are not included in the data below. Send us nutrition facts for unknown ingredients
Calories from Fat 201
Amount Per Serving %RDA
Total Fat 22.4g 34%
Saturated Fat 12.1g 60%
Polyunsat. Fat 1.4g
Monounsat. Fat 7.0g
Cholesterol 338mg 112%
Sodium 244mg 10%
Potassium 169mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 3.4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0%
Protein 17.6g 35%
Vitamin A 1017mcg 20%
Vitamin B6 0.1mg 6%
Vitamin B12 1.0mcg 15%
Vitamin C 0mg 0%
Vitamin E 1mcg 3%
Calcium 204mg 20%
Magnesium 15mg 3%
Iron 1mg 7%
see all details
learn how Nutritional Facts are calculated